Linguini with White Clam Sauce
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 to 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tin flat fillet of anchovies, drained, 6 or 7 fillets
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup clam juice
- 15 ounces clams (you can use fancy canned clams but I recommend fresh)
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 pound linguini, slightly undercooked, about 6 to 7 minutes
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley leaves
- Lots of black pepper and some coarse salt
- Crusty bread, for mopping
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Heat a large deep skillet over medium heat.
Add extra-virgin olive oil, 4 turns of the pan in a slow stream, red pepper flakes, garlic and anchovies and cook until anchovies melt into the oil.
Add thyme and wine.
Reduce wine 1 minute.
Add clam juice.
Stir in clams and lemon zest.
Add to skillet and toss with sauce 2 to 3 minutes, until pasta is al dente and has absorbed some of the sauce and flavor.
Add parsley, pepper and salt, to your taste and serve with bread for mopping up remaining juices
You'll also love
- Spicy Shrimp Ceviche 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- WW - Malaysian Shrimp Salad - 5... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Lemon & Chickpea Pasta with... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Ranch Noodles with Turkey 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Sweet Potato & Carrot Gnocchi 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Penne with Roasted Asparagus and... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- New England Clam Chowder 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Linguine with Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (18 Votes)