- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 - 15 1/2 oz cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 (1 pound) bag frozen mixed bell pepper strips
- 2 TB canned chopped green chilies
- 2 TB taco or chili seasoning mix
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
Heat oil in nonstick dutch oven over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently until golden, 7 - 10 minutes.
Add tomatoes, beans, bell peppers, chilies, seasoning mix, and allspice. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally until the chili is thickened, about 30 minutes.
(You can serve the chili with rice or in taco shells, topped with shredded cheese)