- 2 cans (28 oz) whole, peeled San Marzano tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c fresh bread crumbs
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 fresh basil sprig, plus 2 Tbsp finely chopped basil
- 1 lb rigatoni
- 1 sprig fresh oregano
- 1 c part-skim ricotta
1. Heat large covered saucepot of water to boiling on high. Add 2 teaspoons of salt.
2. Set large medium-mesh sieve over large bowl. With hands, crush tomatoes over sieve and place crushed tomatoes in sieve; let strain. Set aside crushed tomatoes and juices in bowl for later use. Discard remaining juices in can.
3. In 12 inch skillet, combine 1 tablespoon oil and half of garlic. Cook on medium 1 minute or until golden. Add bread crumbs and cook 3-4 mins or until golden brown, stirring. Transfer to large plate.
4. In same skillet, combine red pepper, basil, remaining tablespoon oil, and remaining garlic. Cook on medium 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add tomatoesand 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook on med-low 15 mins or until thickened, stirring.
5. Add rigatoni to water and cook 2 mins less than min. time on label. Stir occasionally.
6. While tomoates and pasta cook, on paper towel microwave oregano on high 1 min or until leaves are dry and brittle, into small bowl, crumble leaves with fingers; discard stem. Stir in ricotta and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
7. Drain pasta and return to pot. Add tomato mixture, reserved tomato juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook on med 2 mins or until pasta is well-coated and al dente, tossing and stirring.
8. Divide pasta mixture among bowls; top with dollop of ricotta mixture. Stir basil into crumbs; sprinkle over pasta.
You'll also love
- Baked Garlic Cheese Grits 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin Marinated 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Blue Cheese Portobello Mushroom... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broccoli & Rice Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Butternut Squash Orzo Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mediterranean Shrimp and Bow Ties 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stewed White Beans with Tomatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rigatoni with Rich Tomato Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)