Firecracker Chicken Wings (Famous Daves)
Famous Daves award winning wings, uniquely seasoned and tossed in their devil spit hot sauce
- Famous Daves Dragon Wing Dust
- 2 tablespoons anise seeds
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons Chines five-spice powder
- 3 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic seasoning
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 24 chicken wings
- 2 cups chicken marinade, homemade or store bought
- Peanut oil, for frying
- all purpose flour, for coating the wings
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, melted
- Famous Daves Devil's Spit Hot sauce
- Sweet and sour sauce for serving
1. Do ahead: Make Famous Dave's Dragon Wing Dust. In a spice grinder, grind the anise seeds to a fine powder. Combine with the remaining dust ingredients and grind. Store in a covered container.
2. Marinate the wings in the marinade of your choice for 4 hours in the refrigerator. Drain the wings and discard the marinade. Heat 3/4 inch of peanut oil to 375 degrees. Toss the wings in flour, shake of excess. Working in batches, fry the wings until they are golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a baking sheet.
3. Mix the melted butter and hot sauce. With a pastry brush, coat each of the wings, then sprinkle generously with the Dragon Wing Dust. Serve with sweet and sour sauce.