Hot Broccoli-Cabot Cheddar Dip
- 1 (10 ounces) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 8 ounces Cabot Sharp or Extra Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 2 cups)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon Tabasco or other hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated black pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
1. Place frozen broccoli in microwave-safe bowl; cover loosely with plastic wrap and microwave until hot and tender, about 9 minutes (do not add any water).
2. Uncover and add cheddar, cream cheese, milk, hot sauce and pepper to bowl. Cover again and microwave just until cheeses are melted, 1 to 2 minutes longer. Stir until smooth. (If mixture seems thin, it will thicken upon cooling slightly.)
3. Serve with crackers and fresh vegetables.