Alton Brown's Banana Bread
- Wet Works 1:
- 3-4 Overripe Bananas
- 1 cup Sugar
- Dry Goods:
- 1 2/3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Oat Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Wet Works 2:
- 8 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 cup Nuts (Almonds, Walnuts, or Pecans)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a loaf pan and line with wax paper.
3. Combine the bananas and sugar (Wet Works 1) and mix with a potato masher until smooth.
4. Combine the Wet Works 1 and the Wet Works 2 in separate bowls, then combine them together.
5. Combine the Wet Works with the Dry Goods.
6. If using the Options (nuts) fold them into the batter now.
7. Pour batter into the pan.
8. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until center registers 210F and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
9. Allow to cool on stove top for 15 minutes then remove from pan and transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before slicing.
10. Tightly wrap leftover bread. It will keep at room temperature for about 5 days.