Spring Chicken-Tortellini Casserole
Chicken and asparagus in a creamy Alfredo sauce join forces with cheese tortellini for a speedy all-in-one meal.
- 1 (19-oz.) pkg. frozen cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 (9-oz.) pkg. Green Giant® frozen asparagus cuts
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup Progresso® Italian Style Bread Crumbs
- 1 (9-oz.) pkg. frozen diced cooked chicken breast, heated as directed on package
- 1 (16-oz.) jar Alfredo pasta sauce
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Bring 4 quarts (16 cups) water to a boil in a sauce pan. Add tortellini; return to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Add asparagus; simmer 3 minutes or until tortellini are tender. Drain.
Meanwhile, melt margarine in small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bread crumbs; stir to coat. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
Place cooked tortellini and asparagus in 2-quart serving bowl or casserole. Gently stir in chicken and Alfredo sauce. Top with bread crumbs; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately