Taffy Apple Tartlets
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled
- 3/4 cup butterscotch caramel sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 package refrigerated pie crust, softened according to package directions.
- 12 caramels, unwrapped
PREAHEAT oven to 400.
CHOP peanuts and apples. Combine apples, 1/2 cup of the caramel sauce and flour in mixing bowl. Mix and microwave on hgih 4-6 minutes or until bubbling and thickened; stir and set aside.
UNROLL one pie crust onto lightly floured cutting board. Cut 12 disks from crust using outer tube of measure all cup. Press disks into minature muffin cups.
CUT caramels in hal; place one pice into each tart shell. Spoon apple mixture evenly into tart shell; sprinke with peanuts. Bake 14-16 minutes or until edge of tartles are golden brown.
REMOVE tartles from pan to cooling rack or granite. Drizzle with remaining 1/4 cup caramel sauce.