Chicken Carbonara Deluxe
This recipe for Chicken Carbonara Deluxe makes one of the most luxurious, cheesy, creamy pasta dishes out there, flavored with bacon and Parmesan.
- 1 (7-ounce) package spaghetti
- 8 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped, about 1/2 cup
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Cook and drain spaghetti as directed on package.
While spaghetti is cooking, cook bacon in 3-quart saucepan over low heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until crisp. Remove bacon from saucepan with slotted spoon; drain. Drain fat from saucepan, reserving 1 tablespoon in saucepan.
Cook onion and garlic in bacon fat over medium heat about 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until onion is tender. Stir in spaghetti, chicken, cheese and whipping cream. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Toss with bacon.