- TOMATO SAUCE:
- 1 One large onion, chopped
- 1 medium head of cabbage, coarsley chopped ( about 8 cups)
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup raisins
- MEAT BALLS:
- 1/2 cup uncooked long frain rice
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 80mins
1. IN a large skillet, comobine sauce ingredients. BRING to a boil;
reduce heat and simmer.
2. MEANWHILE in a large bowl, combine the rice, Worcestershire sauce,
salt and pepper. CRUMBLE beef over rice mixture; mix well.
SHAHPE into 36 balls, about 1 1/4 inches in diameter. ADD to
3. COVERE and simmer about 45 min. longer or until sauce is thickened.