Makes 2 batches. 1 for now and 1 for the freezer.
300 Calories per serving, 9 grams (27% fat)
- 1 1 1 pound super lean ground beef or turkey, cooked and drained
- 1 1 1 pound light mozzerella cheese
- 1 1 1 pint light ricotta cheese
- 3/4 3/4 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 1 1 pound lasagne noodles
- 2 2 2 cups vegetables (optional) sliced zucchini, mushrooms or 2 boxes frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and drained
Use 2 13 x 9 pans, spray with non-stick spray. Divide all ingredients in 2 parts. Follow directions twice to fill both pans.
1. Mix meat into sauce. Spread 1 cup of sauce on bottom of pan.
2. Lay 4 lasagna noodles over sauce. cover with an additional cup sauce. (layer with half of vegetables, if using) Portion 1/2 cup ricotta cheese evenly over sauce in teaspoonfuls. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese.
3. Repeat direction number 2 for next layer.
4. Top with 4 more noodles and remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese (save remaining mozzarella cheese)
5. Cover pans tightly with foil. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Check to see if noodles are tender. Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until noodles are tender. Let stand 15 minutes. Cut each pan in 8-10 portions.
Note: this may be prepared ahead and frozen or refrigerated before baking.