Scallops with citrus-soy sauce
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon siracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 scallions, trimmed and cleaned, sliced thinly
- 12 large sea scallops
n a 1-quart sauce pot, heat the orange juice, ginger and garlic over medium-high heat, bring to a simmer and reduce to ¼ of a cup for approximately 10-15 minutes. Let it cool then add the lemon juice and whisk in the soy sauce, canola oil, sesame oil and siracha. Set aside.
In a 12-inch nonstick pan over medium-high heat, add two tablespoons canola oil. Place scallops in pan and cook for approximately 2 minutes until slightly caramelized, then turn over and cook for another 2 minutes.
Divide scallops amongst 4 plates and drizzle 2 tablespoons of citrus soy dressing over the scallops. Garnish with scallions. Serve.
Serving suggestions with the citrus-soy sauce: Asian slaw
You'll also love
- Frozen Cabbage Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Ratatouille 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta with Mixed Seafood Recipe -... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rasberry Chicken Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fish--Almond Crusted Tilapia 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Buttermilk Cake with Candied Citrus 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Toasted Coconut Orange Black and... 0/5 (0 Votes)