Fish--Baked Lemon Sole with Sauteed Swiss Chard
Delicious and Easy--Restaurant Quality
Can us any other white flaky fish!
- *For bread crumb mixture:
- 4 slices fresh white bread, crusts discarded and bread quartered
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (lemon peel, no white of lemon)
- 1/4 cup walnut halves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- *For Sole (or other white flaky fish):
- 4 lemon sole fillets, rinsed and patted dry
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, plus extra for casserole
- 1/4 cup lemon juice 3 tablespoons capers 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bunches Swiss chard, leaves removed and chopped
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a food processor combine bread, lemon zest, walnuts and cheese. Pulse until almost uniform in texture. Continue pulsing while drizzling in the olive oil. Set aside.
Season fish with salt and pepper. Place 4 fillets in a single layer on a buttered 9 by 12-inch casserole.
In a small saucepan melt 4 tablespoons of butter and add the lemon juice and capers.
Pour butter mixture over fish, and sprinkle tops of fish with bread crumb mixture.
Bake uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Infuse the oil with minced garlic, then add the Swiss chard and saute until wilted, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Serve hot with the sole.
You'll also love
- Pineapple Stuffing Casserole 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Southern Cornbread Dressing 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Tilapia With Lemmon Butter Sauce 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Red Lobster Bacon Wrapped Sea... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Coconut Ice 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- CORN & LOBSTER BISQUE 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Orange Chicken 4.3/5 (13 Votes)