Slow Cooker Fajita Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Avocado-Onion Slaw
Take the best of two Latin favorites: slow-cook pork to juicy perfection, shred, then serve fajita-style with a sultry avocado-onion slaw.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless pork shoulder roast, trimmed
- 3/4 cup Old El Paso® mild salsa
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium avocado, cubed
- 1/2 cup halved and thinly sliced onion
- 12 small Old El Paso® flour tortillas or Old El Paso® taco shells
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 32mins
Spray 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook pork in oil 6 to 8 minutes or until brown on both sides. Place pork in slow cooker. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 8 hours or until pork pulls apart easily with fork.
Remove pork from slow cooker; shred pork. Reserve 1/4 cup liquid in slow cooker; discard remaining liquid. Stir pork, salsa, chili powder and cumin into liquid in slow cooker.
In medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise, vinegar and salt. Gently stir in avocado and onion. To serve, place pork in tortillas; top with avocado-onion slaw and chopped cilantro.
You'll also love
- Morgan's Favorite Pasta &... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Jambalaya with Peaches and... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Anise, Orange, And Pignoli Biscotti 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Spicy Thai Beef-Noodle Soup 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Spiced pumpkin Tiramisu 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Cherry Tomato Pizza Margherita 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Baked BBQ Chicken Wings 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Maple Pork Ribs (in slow cooker) 5/5 (3 Votes)