Salmon "Bulgogi" with Bok Choy and Mushrooms
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine or dry Sherry
- 1 3/4-inch cube peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 3/4 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce*
- 4 6-ounce center-cut skinless salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large bok choy, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide strips (about 7 cups)
- 4 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, caps sliced
- * Available in the Asian foods section of many supermarkets and at Asian markets.
- Read More http://www.epicurious.com/articlesguides/everydaycooking/weeklydinnerplanners/011209/recipes/food/views/Salmon-Bulgogi-with-Bok-Choy-and-Mushrooms-242481#ixzz1B9Vvlm00
Blend 1 garlic clove and next 7 ingredients in mini processor. Arrange salmon in 11x7x2-inch glass baking dish. Spoon marinade over. Let marinate 5 minutes.
Preheat oven to 500°F. Arrange fish, with some marinade still clinging, on rimmed baking sheet. Transfer any marinade in dish to small saucepan. Roast fish until just opaque in center, about 8 minutes. Bring marinade in saucepan to boil; set aside and reserve for glaze.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add bok choy and mushrooms; using garlic press, press in 1 garlic clove. Stir-fry until mushrooms are tender and bok choy is wilted, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Divide vegetables among plates. Top with salmon. Brush fish with glaze
Read More http://www.epicurious.com/articlesguides/everydaycooking/weeklydinnerplanners/011209/recipes/food/views/Salmon-Bulgogi-with-Bok-Choy-and-Mushrooms-242481#ixzz1B9W3skcB