Beef or Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef (or cooked chicken thighs or breast)
- 2 cans of cream of chicken soup
- 1 can diced green chiles or 1/2 cup fresh roasted and peeled green chilies
- 1 can (15 ounce) hot enchilada sauce
- 1 pound chedder cheese, grated
- 1 dozen corn tortillas
- 1 small onion diced
Cook ground beef in large skillet until meat is done.
If it is chicken, boil the chicken till done, and shred it. Put it into a large bowl.
Add cans of soup, chiles, diced onion, and hot sauce.
Lightly fry tortillias in small frying pan with about 1/4 inch deep of oil (about 3 seconds each side, just enough to make them soft)
Put four corn tortillas in bottom of 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
Add one-third of the meat mixture and one-third grated cheese.
Continue making layers of tortillas, meat mixture and cheese until all ingredients are used.
Top with some pepper and a little garlic salt. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
When ready to serve, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.