Broiled Salmon with Rice, Red Pepper Sauce, Broccolini, Pineapple and Blueberries
- 2 medium red bell peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 T. red wine vinegar
- 2 T. organic sugar
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 12 oz. sockeye salmon, skin removed
- olive oil
- salt, pepper and garlic powder
- 2 c. cooked rice
- 2 c. broccolini
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red peppers
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 1 pint organic blueberries
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
1. Preheat broiler. Cut red peppers into quarters. Remove seeds and stem. Place peppers skin side up on broiler sheet. Place in oven and broil until skins are charred black. Remove form oven and place in brown bag. Let them cool. This will sweat the skins off. After they cool, remove from bag and peel skin under running cool water.
2. Place peppers in food processor. Add garlic powder, vinegar, sugar, and olive oil. Puree. Put in serving bowl and place in refrigerator to cool.
3. Add rice to rice cooker. Cook on quick setting.
4. With 10 minutes left on the rice cooker, place salmon on broiler sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Put in oven and broil for 8 to 10 minutes, until salmon is light pink.
5. In a saute pan or wok, heat olive oil on high. Chop and rinse broccolini. Place in pan and saute with salt, pepper, garlic powder and crushed red peppers.
6. Chop pineapple and add to blueberries.
7. Serve one cup of rice, one salmon steak, broccolini and one cup of fruit. Top rice and salmon with pepper sauce.
You'll also love
- portuguese kale soup 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Savoy, Lime and Cilantro Coleslaw 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Oregon Salmon Patties 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Homemade Apple Pie 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Linguine with Red Seafood Sauce 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Broccoli Cheese Breakfast Casserole 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Blackened Cumin-Cayenne Tilapia 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Broccoli Fish Bake 4.3/5 (3 Votes)