Key lime bars
I found this recipe on a box of Land O' Lakes butter and have been making it for quite some time. They are a favorite among my friends and I think if I ever stopped making them I'd run out of friends. I have made them for our church cake auction to raise money for the teen mission trip and they are now up to $150.00! We'll see what I get next year! I've never used Key Limes, just regular ones. I can never find them, but can't wait till I do so I can see if there is a difference. Guess I'll just have to move to Key West, Fl.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 LAND O LAKES® All-Natural Eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons fresh Key lime juice*
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon LAND O LAKES® Butter, softened
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh key lime juice*Freshly grated Key lime peel
Heat oven to 350°F. Combine all crust ingredients except pecans in small bowl. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Press onto bottom of ungreased 8 or 9-inch square baking pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
Meanwhile, combine all filling ingredients in small bowl. Beat at low speed until well mixed. Pour filling over hot, partially baked crust. Continue baking for 18 to 20 minutes or until filling is set. Cool completely.
Combine all frosting ingredients except lime peel in small bowl. Spread over cooled bars. Garnish with grated lime peel. Store refrigerated.
*Substitute bottled Key lime juice.