- * 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- * 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- * 2 cups diced leek, white and light green parts only (about 1 large; see Tip)
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt
- * 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- * 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- * 1 cup low-fat milk
- * 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- * 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- * 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- * 2 10-ounce boxes frozen chopped broccoli, thawed, or 1 pound broccoli crowns chopped
- * 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- * 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- * 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 50mins
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 7-by-11-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Place chicken in a medium skillet or saucepan and add water to cover. Bring to a simmer over high heat. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer gently until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain and slice into bite-size pieces.
3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add leek and salt and cook, stirring often, until softened but not browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Add flour; stir to coat. Add broth, milk, sherry, thyme and pepper and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Add broccoli; return to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan, mayonnaise and mustard.
4. Spread half the broccoli mixture in the prepared baking dish. Top with the chicken, then the remaining broccoli mixture. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan. Bake until bubbling, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.