VELVEETA Potato Bites
- 2 lb. baking potatoes (about 5), peeled, cut into chunks
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 4 oz. VELVEETA Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut into 24 cubes
- 1 pouch SHAKE 'N BAKE Extra Crispy Seasoned Coating Mix
- 1-1/2 cups TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick 'N Chunky Salsa
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 50mins
COOK potatoes in boiling water in large saucepan 15 to 20 min. or until tender; drain. Cool 10 min. Mash potatoes until smooth. Add onions, egg and pepper; mix just until blended.
HEAT oven to 400ºF. Roll potato mixture into 24 balls, using about 2 Tbsp. for each. Insert 1 VELVEETA cube into center of each ball, completely enclosing VELVEETA cube with potato mixture. Place potato balls on baking sheet covered with coating mix; turn until evenly coated. Place on clean baking sheet.
BAKE 14 to 16 min. or until heated through. Serve with salsa.