Serve with oven roasted fillet of beef.
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, such as sancerre or sauvignon blanc
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 teaspoons chopped tarragon
- 3 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
1. Combine the wine, vinegar, shallot, and salt in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-high. Cook 2-3 minutes. Add 2 teaspoons of the tarragon. Cool to room temperature.
2. Put the egg yolks into a blender and add the cooled wine mixture. In a small saucepan, heat the butter until bubbling.
3. Blend the yolks and wine. Pour in the melted butter in a slow steady stream. Add the black pepper and the remaining tarragon. The sauce will be thick and creamy. Serve right away with oven-roasted fillet of beef.