Crawfish, Shrimp and Crabmeat Etouffee
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 lb crawfish tail
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion top
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cups cooked rice
Melt butter in a heavy pot over medium heat; add onions and celery and cook until softened, about 10 minutes.
Whisk chicken broth and flour until smooth. Add to celery mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until thickened, about 30 minutes.
Add crawfish and cook 15 minutes.
Add lemon juice, salt, cayenne and Tabasco. Add shrimp and cook until shrimp are cooked, about 5 minutes. Add crabmeat, green onions and parsley and cook 5 minutes.
Serve over rice.
You'll also love
- Double-Stuffed Potatoes 5/5 (1 Votes)
- spinach arancini 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Polenta Crusted Shrimp/Chicken... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Spicy Catfish Tenders with Cajun... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- smoked fish pate 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes (Julia Child's... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Shrimp Ceviche 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Crabmeat Dip 5/5 (1 Votes)