Saucy-Q Chicken Soft Tacos
PER SERVING (1/2 of recipe, 2 tacos): 336 calories, 3g fat, 712mg sodium, 47g carbs, 4g fiber, 20g sugars, 29g protein -- PointsPlus™ value 8*
From Hungry Girl 1/20/2011 email
- 8 oz. raw boneless skinless lean chicken breast cutlets
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped mango
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro, or more for garnish
- 1/2 tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce with about 45 calories per 2-tbsp. serving
- Four 6-inch white corn tortillas
Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Season chicken with salt and black pepper. Place chicken in the skillet, cover, and cook for about 4 minutes per side, until cooked through.
Transfer chicken to a bowl and set aside to slightly cool. In another bowl, combine mango, onion, jalapeño pepper, cilantro, and vinegar; mix well and set aside.
Shred chicken using two forks -- one to hold it in place and the other to scrape across the meat and shred it. Add BBQ sauce to the bowl of chicken and toss to coat.
Lay tortillas on a microwave-safe plate and warm in the microwave, about 15 seconds. Evenly distribute BBQ chicken among the tortillas; evenly top chicken with mango-onion mixture.
Fold each tortilla around its filling and, if you like, garnish with a little extra cilantro. Bite right in!