- 500 g milk
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 120 g granulated sugar
- 40 g corn starch
- 120 g egg yolks
- 1 vanilla bean
- For other flavors use melted chocolate, nut butters or pastes, etc.
Combine milk, vanilla bean and pod, and butter in a medium
sauce pan on a medium heat, stirring while the butter melts.
• Whisk the corn starch, sugar, and egg yolks in a separate bowl
until sugar looks dissolved. The mixture should be creamy
and light yellow in color.
• When the milk begins to simmer, temper the milk into the egg
mixture until all is combined.
• Pour back into the saucepan, keeping on a medium heat, and
whisk until it thickens to pudding/custard consistency.
• Pour through a sieve, chinois, or strainer, then let cool. Be sure
to put plastic wrap directly on top of the cream while cooling