beef tips on rice
- 20 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 5 teaspoons pepper
- 5 teaspoons dried thyme
- 15 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream
- of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 1/2 teaspoons browning sauce (optional)
- 6 1/2 to 7 pounds long grain rice, cooked
Combine beef, salt, pepper and thyme; mix well. Place in five greased 13 x 9-inch baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes; stir. Bake 15 minutes longer; drain.
Combine the soup, water, onion, parsley and browning sauce if desired. Pour over beef; mix well. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until the beef is tender.
Serve over rice.