Norm's Famous Ribs
- Baby Back Pork Ribs
- Secret Seasoning
- BBQ Sauce
1. Pull the pork loin ribs (baby back) out of the fridge. Place on the counter and remove the membrane that is on the bone side of the ribs. This is easier to do if you start from the smaller end and pull to the larger end. After the membrane is off; rinse the ribs completely under cold water. This will remove any bone shavings that the butcher may have left on.
2. Time to Season the ribs with Smokin Brothers plus. You can use Plus very gernerous if you would like. Start with the bone side first. Once it has been applied,use your hands and press the seasoning into the ribs. Do not rub, that will cause concentration areas of seasoning.
3. Turn the Traeger Grill to smoke or 180 degrees.
4. Let the grill get to a steady temperature. Meanwhile let the ribs on the counter.
5. After the grill reaches its steady temperature place the ribs on the grill bone side down for 45 minutes. After the 45 minutes turn the grill to 250 and cook for 1 hour. DO NOT OPEN LID AT ALL from the moment the ribs were placed on the grill.
6. Make pieces of aluminum foil that will allow for 3-5 inches at each end lengthways. Do this during the 250 stage. Have enough for the amount of ribs on the grill. I have one extra.
7. After the hour is up, take the foil and place each individual slab in its own piece of foil. Be careful not to puncture the foil. The slab is to be laid bone side up. Wrap it as airtight as you can make it. Place back on the grill for 1 hour.
8. Saucing of the ribs. Remove from the grill and open the foil. Leave the ribs in the foil, this will make it easier to place on the grill. Drain the excess juice from the ribs by turning at an angle. Sauce the bone side. Smokin Brother Original Sauce is the key. Then roll one side of the foil lengthways down to give you a pivot to flip the ribs back on the grill bone side down. Then sauce the meat side. Make sure to have an even coat of sauce. Turn the grill to 325 and shut the lid. Check in 15 minutes. The tops of the ribs should be a dark burgundy (a deep red).
9. This last step may take up to 30 minutes. Remove,slice and serve.