WInter Squash Turkey Lasagna
- 1 20-ounce package turkey sausage
- 1 1/2 cups onion, chopped
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons rubbed sage
- 3 cups squash, cooked and mashed (butternut, Hubbard, acorn, pumpkin, or kabocha)
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 to 1 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 lb. Fontina cheese, shredded
- 2 cups mozzarella or pizza blend cheese, shredded
- 1 8-ounce package oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 70mins
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large skillet, crumble sausage and brown evenly. Remove from pan.
Add onion, mushrooms and two-thirds of garlic to pan drippings.
Saute until onion is clear and mushrooms are limp.
Stir in 2 tablespoons sage and return sausage to pan to heat through.
In a large mixing bowl, combine squash with ricotta, Parmesan, 1/2 tablespoon sage, remaining garlic, eggs, salt and pepper.
Add enough broth to achieve consistency of a thick sauce.
Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
Spread a small amount of squash mixture in bottom of plan and top with layer of lasagna noodles. Cover with half of sausage mixture and half of cheese. Repeat layers, and finish by topping with cheese.
Bake covered for 35 minutes.
Remove cover and bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly browned.
You'll also love
- Curried Sweet Potato-Apple Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- TROPICAL CRAB SALAD 0/5 (0 Votes)
- cabbage salad (overnight) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Deep-Fried Ham and Cheese Stuffed... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin with Shiitake... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- peter's pumpkin pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini Bread (or muffins) –... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Nesco Roast-Air Turkey 0/5 (0 Votes)