Buffalo Chicken Mac and cheese
- 7 Tbs unsalted butter, plus more for the dish
- kosher salt
- 1 lb elbow mac
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely choppped
- 3 C shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 C hot sauce
- 2 Tbs flour
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 1/2 C half-and -half
- 1 lb yellow cheddar cheese, cut into 1 in cubes (about 3 1/2 C)
- 8oz pepper jack, shredded (about 2 c)
- 2/3 C sour cream
- 1 C pan
- 1/2 C crumbled blue cheese
- 2 Tbs freshly chopped parsely
Preheat oven to 350. Butter a 9x13in pan. Coo past about 7 min. Drain
Meanwhile melt 3 Tbs butter in a large skiller over med heat. Add onion and celery. Cook unilt soft, about 5 min. Stir in the chicken and garlic and cook 2 minutes.Add 1/2 C hot sauce adn simmer until slightly thickened. about 1 more min.
Melt 2 Tbs butter in saucepan over med heat. Stir in the flour and mustard with spoon until smooth. Whick in the 1/2 and 1/2. then add the remaining 1/4 C hot sauce and stir until thick, about 2 min. Whish in the cheddar and pepper jack, then whisk in the sour sream until smooth.
Spread 1/2 of the mac in the prepared dish, then top with the chicken mixture and remaining mac. Pour the cheese sauce evenly on top.
Put the remaining 2 Tbs butter in a med bowl, microwave until melted. Stir in panko, blue cheese and parsley. Sprinkle over mac and bake until bubbly 30-40 min.Let rest 10 min.