slow cooker coq au vin
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 pounds chicken thighs, skinned
- 1 envelope (1/2 of a 2.2-ounce package) beefy onion soup mix
- 2 cups quartered fresh mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups frozen small whole onions
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 31/2-inch sticks
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- Hot cooked mashed potatoes (optional)
- Snipped fresh parsley (optional)
Lightly coat an unheated large skillet with cooking spray. Preheat skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken thighs, several at a time, in the hot skillet until brown. Drain off fat.
Place chicken thighs in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with dry soup mix. Add mushrooms, onions, and carrots. Pour wine over all.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. If desired, serve with mashed potatoes and sprinkle with parsley.
Servings Per Recipe 4 servings Calories320, Total Fat (g)8, Saturated Fat (g)2, Cholesterol (mg)161, Sodium (mg)782, Carbohydrate (g)15, Fiber (g)2, Protein (g)42, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet