Beef Teriyaki Kabobs
- Steak Kabobs
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless sirloin steak, cut in1-inch cubes
- 12 fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 green peppers, cut in 1-inch squares
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1 zuccini, cut in wedges
- cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped chutney
- 1/2 cup catsup
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic. mashed
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbls canola oil
- Shrimp Kabobs
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp
- 2 navel oranges, each cut into 6 wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 3 tbls soy sauce
- 3 tbls dry sherry
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 3 tbls canola oil
1. Thread meat and vegetables alternately on skewers
2. Combine chutney, catsup, soy sauce, garlic. lemon juice and oil, whisk to blend.
3. Place skewers in a shallow pan and brush heavily with marinade.
4. Let stand 1 hour at room temperature or chill in refrigerator, covered, for at least 4 hours.
5. BBQ 8-10 minutes on each side. Brush with fresh marinade every few minutes.
1. Thread shrimp and orange wedges on skewers.
2. Place skewers in shallow pan.
3. Combine remaining ingredients and whisk.
4. Brush over shrimp kabobs heavily.
5. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour or in the refrigerator covered for at least 4 hours.
5. When steak kabobs are turned, place shrimp kabobs on the grill; turn after 5 minutes, basting frequently with marinade.