Spiced Rooast Chicken with Onions, Lentils and Couscous
Rachel Ray Magazine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup couscous
- 1 cup dry lentils rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 4 chicken leges separated into thighs and drumsticks
- Salt and Pepper
- 5 tablespoons EVO
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 onion chopped
Cooking time 31mins
Preheat oven to 450 degrees
1. In a large saucepan, bring the chicken broth to a boil. Place the couscous in a medium bowl and drizze the broth on top. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and let stand for 10 minuts before fluffing with a fork.
2. In the same saucepan, combine the lentils and garlic with water to cover by 1 1/2 inches. Bring to a boil then lower the heat and simmer until the lentils are tender about 20 minutes, drain. Discard the garlic if desired. Stir the lentils into the couscous, reserve the saucepan.
3. Meanwhile, season the chicken with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons of EVO, the ginger and cinnamon. Add the chicken and toss. In a large ovenproof skillet, heat 1 tablespoon EVO over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook utnil golden, 6 to 8 minutes , flip then transfer the skillet to the oven and roast until cooked through--about 15 minutes.
4. In the reserved saucepan, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of EVO over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring until golden, about 10 minutes. Stir into the lentil mixture any reserved pan juices from the chicken, season with salt and pepper. Serve with the chicken.
You'll also love
- World's greatest onion dip 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Egg Noodles 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Crescent City Grill's Mardi Grass... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Crispy-Topped Creamy Spinach 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Slow-Cooked Brisket in Onion Gravy 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted Grape Tomatoes Tangled in... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Tortellini Alfredo 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Monterrey Black Bean Chicken & Rice 4/5 (1 Votes)