meatball and bow tie pasta soup
- half pound ground round beef
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onions
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 can (15 ounces whole tomatoes cup up
- 3 cups fat free beef broth
- 1 cup baby carrots lengthwise
- 1 zucchine halved lengthwise and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 4 ounces bow tie pasta
combine the beef and oats, 1 teaspoon of the onions,
1/2 teaspoon of the garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of basil, egg
white, and 1/4 cup of the cheese in a bowl.
shape the mixture into a 16 inch diameter meatballs
heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
add the meatballs and cook until brown about 8 minutes.
combine the remaining onions, the remaining garlic, the
remaining basil, the tomatoes, broth,carrots, zucchini,
and meatballs in a crockery pot cover and cook on low until the meatballs are cooked through and on longer
pink and the flavor are blended cook about 6 hours.
cook the pasta according to the package directions drain well and stir into the meatball vegetable mixture divide
among 4 bowels and top each serving with the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese.