Coconut Cranberry Slices
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) whipping cream
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) chopped white chocolate
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) shortbread cookie crumbs
- 1 cup (250 mL) dried cranberries
- 1 cup (250 mL) desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) unsalted butter
- 1-1/2 tbsp (22 mL) warm water
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) icing sugar
1. Combine butter and whipping cream in pot. Bring to boil, remove from heat and stir in chocolate. Cool slightly, then stir in crumbs, cranberries and coconut.
2. Line an 8 x 8 inch (20 x 20 cm) square mould with parchment paper. Spoon in chocolate, cookie mixture. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
3. To make icing, melt butter and mix with water and lemon juice. Beat in icing sugar until consistency is smooth. Spread over top of dessert with at warm palette knife.