Pineapple Whipped Cheesecake
- 1 cup fine graham-cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (9 oz.) crushed pineapple in heavy syrup (reserve syrup)
- 1 small (3 oz.) package lemmon gelatin
- 1 large (16 0z.) or 2 small (8 0z.) package(s) cream cheese
- 1 cup instant non-fat dry milk (like Carnation)
Mix together graham-cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press into the bottom of a 9-inch square pan. Chill until needed.
Drain crushed pineapple, reserving liquid. Prepare lemon gelatin according to package directions, using the pineapple syrup for part of the liquid. Cool mixture at room temperature. Do not refrigerate.
With an electric mixer on low speed, gradually beat geletin mixture into cream cheese in a large bowl. Chill mixture until thick but not set firm.
On high speed, beat instant non-fat dry milk into mixture a little at a time. Mix until cream cheese is smooth and has no lumps. Volume should double.
Fold in crushed pineapple
Pour over graham-cracker crumb crust. Chill until firm, about two hours.