Sweet and Sour Skillet Dinner
Use meat of your choice, boneless chicken, pork or lean beef.
Serve with rice.
- 1 1/2 lb boneless chicken, pork or beef
- 1 TBSP vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded, cut into chunks
- 1 19 oz,/540 ml. can pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar, (or white)
- 3 TBSP each brown sugar,ketchup, soy sauce
- 1 TBSP cornstarch
- 1 tsp ground ginger
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cut meat into bite-sized pieces.
In skillet on medium-high, brown meat in vegetable oil.
Lower heat; add onion and garlic, cover and cook 10 minutes.
Meanwhile,combine pineapple and juice, vinegar, sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, cornstarch and ginger.
Stir this into meat mixture along with green peppers.
Cover and simmer 10 minutes longer or until meat is tender.