Stuffed Red Peppers - Katie
- 4 medium bell peppers (Use more than one color - red, green, yellow, and/or orange)
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onions
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat free refried beans
- 1 cup whole kernel corn, drained, thawed if frozen
- 3/4 cup Rosarita green tomatillo salsa
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 60mins
Directions for stuffed peppers.
Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise, from top of stem to bottom; remove and discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves in a large pot of
boiling water, boil for 3 minutes; invert peppers on paper toweling to drain. In medium skillet, brown ground beef with onions. Add remaining
ingredients; simmer until mixture is hot and bubbly. Place peppers in 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish; stuff peppers with beef and refried bean mixture.
Cover dish with foil and bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes. Serve with additional tomatillo salsa or tomato salsa, if desired.