Whole-Grain Spaghetti with Garlicky Kale and Tomatoes
- 6 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bunch of kale, torn into bit-sized pieces (about 8 cups)
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted almonds
- 1/4 cup pecorino + more for serving
Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and reserve 1/4 cup water and return to pot.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium-hihg heat. Add onion, garlic, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Cook 4-5 minutes, or until onions begin to brown. Add kale and cook, tossing frequently; 2-3 minutes. ADd tomatoes and cook until tomatoes begin to soften, 1-2 minutes.
Add kale mixture, almonds, pecorino, and reserved cooking water to pasta. Serve with additional pecorino.
You'll also love
- Carrot Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hobo Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crock Pot Spinach 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach Madeline 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Green Beans Sautéed in Olive Oil... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow Cooker White Beans w/Sun... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Pork Loin with tomato Glace 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cannellini Stew with Sausage and... 0/5 (0 Votes)