Cheddar, Ham and Scallion Cups
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 thick slices Italian bread, torn into pieces (2 cups, packed)
- 5 ounce piece cooked ham, coarsely chopped (scant cup)
- 3 ounce piece sharp Cheddar, coarsely grated (1 cup)
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
Beat eggs with milk and pepper until combined in a medium bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and let sit overnight, chilled.
Preheat oven to 350F with rack in middle of oven.
Butter a 6-cup standard muffin tin, preferably non-stick. Divide mixture among cups and bake until puffed and lightly golden, about 35 minutes. Cool 5 minutes and serve.