Chocolate Velvet Mousse
This dessert recipe is easy all done in a blender or food processor. I's a smooth and creamy mousse for all chocolate lovers.
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin (Knox)
- 1/2 cup cold milk*
- 1 egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk, heated just to boiling*
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (6-ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate bits (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream*
- 1 1/2 cups ice cubes or crushed ice
- You may use 2 1/4 cups half and half in place of the milk and cream.
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Sprinkle gelatin over milk in blender. Allow to stand 5 minutes.
Add boiling milk. Cover and process on Low until gelatin dissolves. Add egg, sugar, salt, vanilla and chocolate bits. Cover and process on High until smooth.
Add ice cream and ice (if cubes, one at a time). Process on High until ice melts. Pour into 5-cup mold or individual dishes. Chill about 1 hour if a mold or about 15 minutes if small dishes.
(If your blender won't hold 5 cups, leave out cream and pour gelatin mixture into mixing bowl after processed and beat in cream by hand or with mixer. Then chill as above.)