Gourmet Mint Brownies
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 drops green food coloring
- 1 cup margarine or butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, cut into pieces
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Preparation time 120mins
Cooking time 170mins
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 13x9-inch pan. In small bowl, combine cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar; beat until smooth. Add 1 egg, mint extract and food color; mix well. Set aside.
2. In large saucepan, melt 1 cup margarine and 4 oz. chocolate over very low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; cool 15 minutes or until slightly cooled.
3. Stir 2 cups sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla into chocolate mixture. Add 4 eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in flour; mix well. Spread in greased and floured pan. Carefully spoon filling over brownie mixture. Lightly swirl filling into brownie mixture.
4. Bake at 350° for 45 to 50 minutes or until set. Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled.
5. In medium saucepan, combine 2 tablespoons margarine, corn syrup and water; bring to a rolling boil. Remove from heat. Add 2 oz. chocolate; stir until melted. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla and powdered sugar; beat until smooth. Frost cooled brownies. Cut into bars. Store in refrigerator.