Split Pea Soup
- 5 1/2 cups water
- 4 cups organic vegetable broth
- 2 cups green split peas
- 3/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 6 oz. diced canadian bacon (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 t black pepper
- 1/8 t salt
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large dutch oven over medium high heat' bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Stir in carrot, celery, pepper, and salt. Simmer, uncovered, 45 minutes or until peas are tender and soup thickens, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.