Raspberry Almond Shortbread Thumbprints
- 1 cup Land O Lakes® Butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam*
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
Adapted from landolakes.com
Combine butter, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Reduce speed to low; add flour. Beat, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Heat oven to 350°F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Make indentation in center of each cookie with thumb (edges may crack slightly). Fill each indentation with about 1/4 teaspoon jam.
Bake for 14 to 18 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let stand 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire cooling rack. Cool completely.
Combine all glaze ingredients in small bowl with wire whisk until smooth. Drizzle over cookies.
*Substitute 1/2 cup of your favorite flavor jam.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed... 4.5/5 (209 Votes)
- Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake 4.4/5 (181 Votes)