Grilled Salmon with Mustard-Wine Sauce
This is a delicious, easy way to prepare salmon.
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 T EACH olive oil and fresh lemon juice
- 6 salmon fillets (6 oz. each)
- 2 T butter
- 1 T flour
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, such as Pinot Grigio
- 1 tsp EACH chopped fresh basil and rosemary leaves
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 42mins
Prepare a grill for high heat (450º to 550º). In a small bowl, combine garlic, salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, the oil, and lemon juice. Brush mixture all over salmon, then cook, turning once, until done the way you like, about 6 minutes for medium.
In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in flour and cook until starting to brown. Whisk in remaining 1/2 tsp pepper, the paprika, milk, mustard, wine, and 3 T water. Cook until simmering, then spoon over salmon and sprinkle with fresh basil and rosemary leaves.