- Grated peel of 1 orange and juice of 2 oranges
- 2-1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 pound skirt steak, thinly sliced on the diagonal and slices halved crosswise
- 1-1/2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 bunch scallions, white parts thinly sliced and green parts cut into
- 1 -inch-long pieces
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2/3 cup finely chopped parsley
Adapted from allrec
1. Place the orange peel and juice in a large bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon olive oil and the soy sauce and vinegar. Add the steak and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan, bring the rice and 1 3/4 cups water to a boil. Cover; simmer for 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork and keep warm.
3. In a wok or large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over high heat. Using tongs, transfer the meat from the marinade to the wok and cook, turning once, for 5 minutes. Transfer the meat to a plate.
4. Add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and the scallions to the wok and cook over medium heat, stirring, until wilted, 2 minutes. Transfer to the beef. Pour the marinade into the wok and bring to a boil, then lower the heat and reduce by half. Whisk in the sugar and return the steak and scallions to the wok; turn to coat.
5. Stir the parsley into the rice; season with salt. Mound some rice and beef onto each plate.
You'll also love
- Chard and White Bean Stew 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Medallions Alfredo 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Acorn Squash Dessert Bowls 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pomegranate Gelato 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Vegetable Beef Bow Tie Skillet 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Spinach Hot Dish 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Strawberry Brownie Torte 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Volcanoes 0/5 (0 Votes)