Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Pineapple
- 3 large sweet potatoes (about 3 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup fresh orange juice (about 2 oranges)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons butter or stick margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 1/4-ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, drained
Preheat oven to 350°.
Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Cool slightly; peel.
Combine carrot, orange juice, and ginger in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes. Drain the carrot mixture in a colander over a bowl, reserving 3/4 cup cooking liquid. Combine potato and carrot mixture, and mash. Stir in 3/4 cup cooking liquid, butter, salt, and pineapple.
Calories:219 (13% from fat)
Fat:3.1g (sat 1.7g,mono 0.8g,poly 0.2g)
You'll also love
- Springtime Lemon Dessert 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cod with Garlic Butter (Alfred... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Houlihan's Baked Potato Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- APPLE-STUFFED PORK CHOPS WITH... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple-Coconut Mahi-Mahi 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cowboy Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple fudge 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach and Sweet Potato Curry (No... 0/5 (0 Votes)