Quick and Easy Stuffed Peppers
For a meatless meal!
- 2 large red bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 (8oz) can stewed tomatoes, with liquid
- 1/3 C. quick cooking brown rice
- 2 Tbs. hot water
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 C. frozen corn kernels, thawed and drained
- 1/2 ( 15 oz) can kidney beans, drained adn rinsed
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 C. shredded mozzerella cheese
- 1 Tbs. grated Parmsean cheese
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Arrange pepper halves in a 9" square baking dish. Cover dish with plastic wrap. Poke a few holes in the wrap for vents, and heat in the microwave for 4 mins, or until tender. In a medium bowl, mix tomatoes,rice and water. Cover with plastic and cook in microwave 4 mins. Stir in onions, corn, beans, and red pepper flakes into the tomato mixture. Heat an additional 3 mins. Spoon hot tomato mixture evenly into pepper halves and recover with vented plastic wrap. Heat for 4 mins. Remove plastic and sprinkle with cheeses. Allow to stand 1-2 mins. before severving.