- salt and pepper
- 2 Cans (28oz ea)whole, peeled tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/8 Tsp crushed red peppers
- 2 fresh basil sprigs, plus 2 Tsp finley chopped basil leaves
- 1 lb rigatoni
- 1 spring fresh oregano
- 1 Cup part-skim ricotta
Heat large covered saucepot of water to boiling on high. Add 2 tsp salt.
Set large medium-mesh sleve over large bowl. With hands, crush tomatoes over sieve and place crushed tomatoes in sieve; let strain. Set aside crused tomatoes and juices in bow for later use. Discard remaining juices in can.
in 12-in skillet, combine 1 Tbsp oil and half of garlic. Cook on medium 1 min or until golden. Add bread crumbs and cook 3 to 4 min or until golden brown, stirring. Transfer t large plats.
in same skillet, combine red pepper, basil; sprigs, remaining Tbsp oil, and remaining garlic. Cook on medium 30 seconds or until fragant. Add tomatoes and 1/4 tsp salt. Cook on medium-low 15 min or until thickened, stirring.
Add rigatoni to boiling eater and cook 2 min less than minimum time that the label directs.
While tomatoes and pasta cook, on papertowel, microwave oregano on high 1 min or until leaves are dry and brittle. Into small bowl crumble leaves & discard stem. Stir in ricotta nd 1/4 tsp black pepper
Drain pasta & return to pot. Add tomato mixture, reserved tomato juice, 1/4 tsp salt & 1/4 tsp black pepper. Cook on medium 2 min until pasta is well-coated and al dente, tossing an stirring.
Mix everything together. Stir chopped basil into bread crumbs; sprinkle over pasta and serve.
You'll also love
- Red Oak Leaf Lettuce with Apples,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Springtime Lemon Dessert 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cod with Garlic Butter (Alfred... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bow Tie Beef Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rigatoni with Sun-Dried Tomato and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pesto a la Genovese with Rigatoni... 0/5 (0 Votes)