Linguine with Turkey Sausage and Peppers
- 1 pound linguine
- 1 pound turkey sausage, casings removed
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 yellow (or red) peppers, thinly sliced
- 4 TBS butter
- 4 TBS arugula, torn (or generous amount of fresh baby spinach to taste)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper, for seasoning
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
1. Cook linguine. Drain, reserving 1-1/2 cups pasta water. Return pasta to pot.
2. Meanwhile, cook sausage and 2 TBS water in a large covered nonstick skillet over medium heat until fat renders, about 5 minutes. Uncover and raise heat to medium-high. Brown sausage, breaking up with spoon, about 7 minutes.
3. Add garlic, bell peppers and 1/4 cup reserved pasta water. Cook until peppers soften, about 6 minutes. Add 3/4 cup pasta water and 2 TBS butter. Swirl to combine.
4. Transfer to pot. Add arugula (or spinach). Season with salt and pepper. Add more pasta water as desired.
You'll also love
- Turkey Sausage with Fennel... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Red Oak Leaf Lettuce with Apples,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Springtime Lemon Dessert 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Deep-Fried Ham and Cheese Stuffed... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin with Shiitake... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bow Tie Beef Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Turkey Cutlets with Pan Salsa 0/5 (0 Votes)