- 6 cups chicken or beef broth
- 3 carrots cubed
- 1 onion diced
- 8 oz string beans
- 2 small zucchini halved and sliced thin
- 2 stalks of celery sliced
- 12 oz. of cabbage chopped into pieces
- 3 or 4 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 cans of 15oz peeled and crushed tomatoes
- fresh basil to taste
- 1 15oz can of cannellini beans
- 2 large potatoes chopped
- 2 Tbls chopped parsley
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- 1 pound ditalini pasta
- parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbls olive oil
In a large pot saute onions, garlic, carrots, string beans celery and potatoes in olive oil for ten minutes. Add cabbage and zucchini and saute for about five more minutes. Add tomatoes, basil and parsley and beans and stir. Add chicken or beef stock. Add salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil then simmer until vegetables are soft.
In a separate pot cook the ditalini for about 10 minutes. Add some pasta to a soup bowl and ladle in some soup.
Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.