Greek Chicken with Everything Orzo
From Rachel Ray
- 4 cloves garlic, 2 chopped, divided
- 1/4 c EVOO, plus more for drizzling
- 2 lemosn, 1 thinly sliced, divided
- 1 tsp crushed red papper flakes
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 4 pcs boneless, skinless chikcen breasts
- salt and coarse black pepper
- 1/2 # orzo pasta
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 c pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 c flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 # Greek feta, crumbled
- 3 - 4 Greek hot peppers, chopped or a couple of tbls banana pepper rings, chopped
Bring large pot of water to a boil for the orzo pasta
Crush 2 cloves of garlic and place in a shallow dish with about 1/4 c EVOO, along with the 1 thinly sliced lemon, red pepper flakes, oregano and chicken. Season with salt/pepper, then toss to combine.
Heat a large cast iron skillet over med-high heat. When the chicken has marinated for 10 mins and the skillet is very hot, add the chicken/lemon slices.
Cook the chicken for 10-12 mins, turning occasionally, tossing frequently with tongs.
Squeeze the juice of the remaining lemon over the pan.
When you add chikcen to pan, drop the orzo in the boiling water.
Start the vegetables. Heat 2nd skillet with 2 tbs EVOO, over med-high heat. Add red onion, bell pepper, season with salt/pepper and cook for 5 mins. Add the remainign 2 cloves of chopped garlic and toss for a min, then add the olives and tomatoes to the pane and cook for 2 mins more.
Drain the orzo and toss in a serving dish with the vegetables, along with the parsley, feta, and hot peppers. Adjust the black pepper to your taste and drizzle with alittle extra EVOO.
Serve the chicken alongside the orzo.